Window blinds are available in a wide range of materials and colors. Today, they are used for privacy, blocking sunlight, and preventing heat from escaping during colder seasons. Ancients also used window blinds as well. Despite their differences in appearance, they serve the same purpose. You can buy window blinds via Mahalo Eco Blinds.
People in the desert cover their windows with wet clothes. The wet clothes were used to keep their homes cool and to keep the sun heat out. Blinds were used by the ancient Egyptians and Chinese to avoid being seen from the outside, providing a sense of privacy.
There are numerous types of window blinds available today. As a result, you can match your window blinds to the style of your home or office.
Bamboo Blinds: These bamboo blinds are handwoven with rattan, reeds, and other natural grasses. It creates a soothing and inviting atmosphere in any room.
Bali Blinds: These blinds completely block out any light that enters the room. They are good energy savers because they reduce heat in the summer and insulate a room in the winter.
Advantages of Blinds
- Lots of colors and designs are available
- Different slat size and thickness options (eg. lined Roman blinds)
- Can offer good energy-saving fitted to a window
- Easier to clean and maintain
- Can be used anywhere in the home
- Cheaper than made to measure curtains
- Cleaner, more minimal interior design feel
- More durable than curtains
If your home or office has an oriental theme, Allusion blinds are the way to go. Bamboo blinds are simple to install, long-lasting, and environmentally friendly.