The Bible has been regarded as one of the most important written documents of all times as a major influence on human evolution. Its name comes from the Greek term which means Biblos 'book', but its origin comes back to the Phoenician denomination of important ports, namely Byblos, known as papyrus in antiquity.
The Bible served as a sacred document for many people and more than one billion copies have been printed in thousands of languages. From this viewpoint, it is the most popular book ever published. You can get more information about the timeline of biblical events via online sources.
The Bible is a mandatory item in many homes in the Western world and the words are constantly cited by the pious. Judeo-Christian ethic is based on the laws and values of the Bible, which represents in turn the basis of Western civilization. a story that has been retold the whole time for countless generations.
Image Source: Google
What is the Bible? This holy book can be described as:
- A book that explains, in its own way, the birth and the origin of our world and all living creatures;
- collection of legal, moral values and who intend to settle a few guidelines to foster a sense of public and private equity.
- A history book that presents a part of the events taking place in Palestine and the Near East until about 2,000 years ago;
- An inspirational source of hope, guidance, and motivation for human kindness and, from time to time, for the evil man;
- A thrilling piece of literature that collects stories and poetry was wonderful;