Maintenance- Even the most carefully-constructed playground can become hazardous when it is not properly maintained. If you want to buy border edging for gardens then you can look for enviroblocks.
Periodic inspections of all equipment are imperative–the natural wear and tear on playgrounds is inevitable and must be handled accordingly.
- Sharp points- All playground equipment should be checked for sharp points and edges.
- Dangerous hardware- In keeping with the above, hardware should be safe and padded. Nails or "S" hooks should be either entirely embedded or padded securely.
- Guardrails- Stairs, platforms, and ramps should be equipped with sturdy, splinter-free handrails. Rails should be of the appropriate height for the children to whom the playground is geared.
- Spaces- Several areas in the playground present the possibility of children becoming trapped in narrow openings. All openings and passageways should be either larger than 9 inches, or smaller than 3.5 inches to forestall this problem.
- Supervision- Finally, there is no replacement for adult supervision at all times that children use the playground facilities. With foresight in the construction and daily supervision, your children are sure to enjoy the playground facilities for years to come!
- Rubberecycle manufactures a unique rubber granule product that consumers love. Rubber mulch's shock-absorbing properties and durability help to make it a product that is safe and economical. Rubber mulch goes a long way in helping to keep your child's playground safe.