Following the extender setup procedure, you can log in to the Wi-Fi extender to see or change the settings. If you have not performed the setup yet, then take the help of experts and complete the setup first.
Now, the steps for Netgear extender login are:
- Open the web browser from the device which is connected to the extender’s SSID.
- If you are using the different SSID for router and extender, then enter mywifiext in the address field.
- For same SSIDs, you can enter the IP address of your extender which is 192.168.1.2
- Tap ‘Enter’.
- The login page will now appear. Enter the username and password. The username can be an email address.
- If you have forgotten the password, then click on the ‘Forgot username and password’ and answer some questions asked.
- This is also possible with the help of the Factory reset function.
- Once successfully login, you will find the status page. Click to open the menu
- Select ‘Settings’ you want to see or change.
- If you want to change the SSID and the broadcast option, then go to the ‘Broadcast SSID’ option from the main menu.
- Select ‘Save’.
You will now find the changes in the settings, once you connect to the extender from the ‘wireless networks’ list. If you are having trouble login to the account, you can talk to the experts available through different platforms.