Hiring a contractor in any professional field can be a frustrating experience. We all know the story of flying nightgowns who are self-proclaimed experts in their field, but their final product turns out to be a nightmare.
This scenario happens all too often in the lives of really good people who make very bad decisions when choosing a Turnbull Roofing Company. This article is meant to keep you from falling into the same trap we have seen others fall into.
Image Source: Google
Here are some amazing facts about roofers:
- More than 80% of roofers must go out of business within two years of opening.
- The majority of roofing companies that exceed the 2nd year never reach the 5th financial year
- The roofing industry is full of many roofing companies that offer roofing services with their second or even third business.
- This means that many homeowners no longer have a job guarantee for their roof and, if their roof is not installed properly, they cannot be held responsible for repairs.
- There are a lot of rooftop scammers out there who are unlicensed, shackled, and insured.
- The roofing industry is one of the nation's leading providers of fraud and abuse claims and reports.
Your checklist to safely hire a roofing contractor
Check your credentials:
- Is the contractor licensed, bonded and insured? (Ask to see their certificate).
- Do accident insurance and employee liability go together?
- Make sure the contractor is certified with the product you installed!
- Certification affects the quality of assurance you will receive.
- Certified contractors can provide extended roof and finish warranties.
- Are they members of corporate reporting groups like BBB or Angie's list where you can check their reviews.