If you are experiencing slow internet connectivity issue, then installing a Netgear range extender at your home or office is the right decision for you. Netgear wifi range extender not only offers you expanded wifi range, but also a safe and sound network connection. Sometime users face a lot of issue while installing and setting up Netgear extender at their home or office. If you are also experiencing any issue with your wifi extender, then you are at right place. Here, in this post you fill get instructions to diagnose and troubleshoot your extender related issues.
If your Netgear wifi extender is not connecting to internet, then either the device that you are using is responsible or the issue with your extender or router. So, it is recommended to diagnose each and every connected hardware first and find the exact solution to fix this problem. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Place your extender and router at same place.
- Check for any loose connections and plugins.
- Do not place your extender near to any electronic devices. Electronic devices create signal reflecting or interference.
- Check out the status of your extender’s LED lights.
- Reboot your computer, desktop, Smartphone, laptop, tablet, and extender as well as router.
- Log in to mywifiext.net smart wizard by using Netgear Extender Login Password and check whether the extender firmware is up to date or not.
If you tried all the above mentioned steps, but not able to fix the issue, then it is advisable to reset the Extender default factory setting and reconfigure it. If you are experiencing intermittent wireless connection with your range extender then follow some simple steps given below to fix this issue.
- Make sure your extender is connected to power supply.
- Open the web user GUI using www.mywifiext.net web address.
- Provide login credentials and click on next.
- Once you successfully logged in, check if your extender is running the latest firmware version or not.
- If your Netgear firmware version is not updated then download it and update.
- Once the firmware updating is done, then reboot the extender and wait for few minutes.
- Now, try connecting your wifi enabled devices to the extender network.
If you still having Netgear extender connectivity issues, then feel free to contact us at My WiFi Ext Fix and get the required help.