Once you’ve narrowed your focus to a particular genre of fishing boat, it’s time to get down to brass tacks and consider some specific features before buying fishing boats for sale from talented commercial boat manufacturers. Again, which are most important to you will depend on how and where you like to fish.
Some of the most important to consider include:
- The number and placement of fishing rod holders, especially if you like to troll multiple lines and/or haul lots of different rods.
- The size and capacity of the baitwell or multiple wells, if you enjoy live-baiting.
- The size and capacity of livewells, a must-have in order to participate in certain catch-and-release tournaments.
- The size and capacity of the fishboxes and/or on-board coolers, if you plan to have your catch for dinner.
- The presence of specialized gear like outriggers (for offshore fishing), downriggers and downrigger ball holders (for deep-water trolling), or electric reel plugs (for kite fishing and deep-dropping).
- The number and placement of built-in tackle boxes.
- The presence of elevated casting decks and/or a spotting station, if sight-fishing is in your plans.
These are some of the things you should consider while buying fishing boats in Canada. As you do your search for the perfect fishing boat, always remember that in truth there’s no such thing.